These were probably the biggest cricut project I have done to date! I’m so proud of them! With many thanks to my SIL for helping me put these together!
These easels are from Ikea. I omitted the little tray at the bottom when assembling.
I didn’t like the light finish of the wood, and started by trying to stain the wood darker. DOES NOT WORK!! I sanded it and stained it with no luck. So then I tried to used the special gloss paint that they sell at Ikea, which I have used with success on other projects. But no such luck here on this project. I then bought a wood stain spray paint at Michaels- well I didn’t like that either. At this point I was running out of options. So I ended up spraying these easels a solid gray paint. (Krylon chalky finish in mink)
After I taped the fronts and sprayed the edges I had to apply the vinyl. I created this design on design space (which is the cricut website), and had to cut it in several pieces.
We mostly “eyeballed” the vinyl and applied it to the chalkboard side of the easels.